Plumbing can be a daunting proposition if you have never tried it before but like most things a bit of research and learning and anyone can do it. We have put together a how to video detailing the process which was involved for our tiny house. To simplify the concept think about it like this, liquid goes in one end and comes out the other without leaking. Of course there is a bit more to it but that is the basic concept.
In the following videos we explain:
- What plumbing system we are using and why
- What the different fittings do and and how to use them.
- Show the use of the Dux plumbing system
- Where to source your plumbing supplies from
- How to use pipe crimpers
- Working out pipe diameter
- How to cut pipe with pipe cutters
- How to reuse copper pipe fittings
- Best way to route pipe
- Securing fittings
- How to install an isolating tap for your tiny house
- How to use thread tape
- Leak and pressure testing
We would like to thank Plumbing World Napier for their support and knowledge throughout the build.